Texas Administrators Credential program.
Get your Tx. Directors License Now!
To become a Director you will need:
1. To complete our Administrator’s Credential program
2. Have at least two years of experience in a licensed child-care center (which includes licensed in home centers.)
3. Be 21 Years of Age
4. Have a High School Diploma or GED
Program Hours: 60
To register for an extension or the Directors renewal program scroll to the bottom of this page.)
Required Topics Covered: Certificate valid for 2 years.
• 10 clock hours Principles of child growth and development
• 10 clock hours Safe, healthy, learning environments
• 10 clock hours Positive guidance techniques to support social and emotional development
• 5 clock hours - Effective and productive relationships between family, community and school
• 5 clock hours - Observation documentation of children, staff and the child care program
• 5 clock hours - Principles of Administration
• 5 clock hours - Personnel management and staff development
• 5 clock hours - Meeting Texas Minimum Standards
• 5 clock hours -Strategies to effectively manage a child care center
Thanks to the ChildUp Grant at this time all students that register will only need to pay $89.00 for the course instead of $280.00. This price is available until December 31st, 2023.
The course normally only takes 4 weeks to complete, however, if you need additional time to complete the course you can purchase more time by clicking the extension link at the top of this page. The cost for an extension is $65.00 and allows you an additional 60 days to complete your program.
Please note: This course is for TEXAS ONLY.